Project: Library Consolidation Project
Project Description: This project was commissioned to examine the libraries within the Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) and its portfolio partners, to identify any opportunities for collaborative or cooperative projects, and shared services. The libraries concerned are the Office of Environment and Heritage Library; the Daniel Solander Library (Royal Botanic Gardens); the Caroline Simpson Library and Research Collection (Sydney Living Museums); and the Heritage Library. OEH is an affiliated agency of the Department of Planning and Environment.
Project Outcomes: A comprehensive report that:
- Identified a service model to provide the same or better library services with the same or fewer resources; and
- Included recommendations for implementation such as
- consolidation of print resources with fewer circulation points and improved delivery services
- Repurposed spaces to meet changing user needs
- Staff resources aligned to service priorities (strategic goals)
- Professional development opportunities for library staff.