Project: Library Service Review
Project Description: A full review of the operations of the library service, and the preparation of a strategic plan. The purpose of the review was to allow the Town of Gawler to make short term improvements to service delivery, while the strategic document will help position the Council to provide library services to meet the needs of the community over the next ten years.
- A strategic planning document including;
- an environmental scan of the public library sector
- a detailed overview of the current Gawler Public Library
- a review of the current demographics of the Gawler area, detailing the impacts on the library service, a brief comparative performance review, benchmarking Gawler Public Library against some of its peers.
- The report, Library Connect, recommending ways Gawler Public Library can integrate with the greater Gawler Connect project (a federally funded project to deliver a digital hub for the people of Gawler)
- A strategic vision for the future, through an innovative new staffing structure and clearly defined goals and objectives.