Project: Collection Service Review
Project Description: A best practice review of Campbelltown City Library’s technical services and collection management, including current procurement; budgeting; the policies and procedures for selection, acquisition, cataloguing (throughput and output) and end-processing; cataloguing standards; levels of outsourcing and efficiency of current outsourcing; collection development and profiling practices, including general and specialist staff input into collection development; and customer feedback / input mechanisms.
Project Outcomes: A comprehensive report and change document including recommendations on:
- Staffing e.g. structure, performance measures; revision of position descriptions; team communications etc.
- Selection, acquisition and suppliers
- Cataloguing e.g. responsibility and accountability
- Technology e.g. the library management system
- Cataloguing backlog management