Local Studies Review and Strategy
Project Description: Review local studies collection practices across the Clarence Region, including an analysis of the current practice of the library and regional history groups/organisations and individuals.
The review included:
- Consultation with key stakeholders, including staff, Council officers, historical and family history societies, museums and the community
- Review and benchmarking of current heritage collection practice i.e. a review of practice at other public library services
- Review of current operational and capital investment in local studies by the region
As a result of the review a set of recommendations has been developed that forms the basis of a regional local studies strategy for both the library and other interested groups, organisations and individuals.
A Local Studies Strategy that provides:
- A common / core set of overall goals, objectives and strategies for the library’s ongoing local studies service delivery
- A cohesive and practical local studies service delivery model that meets contemporary standards and guidelines
- A collaborative and community approach to the ongoing collection, preservation, dissemination and promotion of the region’s history
- Opportunities to learn and share information / knowledge
Contact: Kathryn Breward, Regional Librarian
Tel: (02) 6642 7480